Re: HELP: Electrical fault involving an X10 appliance module

'wonder if there's a way to sense such things, using a current-
monitor, say, and comparing traces with previous cycles ... looking
for reducing current levels, or increasing noise, or whatever ...
'wonder if this is something (eg) Idratek could cover ?

Chris

On 10 May 2007, at 17:12, Mark Hindess wrote:

> On 10 May 2007 at 15:45, ukha@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>>> Which is most likely cause of a fried neutral pin on a plug
that
>>> was plugged in to an X10 appliance module? The appliance,
plug, or
>>> module?
>>>
>>> For picture see:
>>>
>>>   http://www.propercustard.co.uk/fault/
>>>

>> Impossible to tell from the picture.
>>
>> It has got hot because of a bad connection that generated head.
Could
>> be an ill fitting plug/socket connection but most likely is a
loose
>> screw in the plug.
>>
>> You need to disassemble BOTH items to see if there is a loose
>> screw in
>> either of them.
>>
>> Keith
>
> Thanks for the comments.  I've added some more pictures.  It looks
> like
> the plug sustained very little damage so I'm guessing it might have
> "started" at the appliance module though it's hard to see
exactly what