From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dean Smith
Sent: 16 August 2007 16:37
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] Help to set up a Virgin cable modem fro
broadband
access

I've just gone through this for my Sister. Exactly the same - PC was WinME
so disk wouldnt work. I could see I could ping the internet but couldnt
browse.

Now the PC was screwed anyway so I rebuilt to XP. Disk still crashed so
eventually called the support line ;-)

The line needs to be activated - they gave me an IP address that I could
browse to....and then there was a web based activation process. Go through
that, reboot the cable modem and away you go. My assumption is that this is
normally handled by the install disk in the background.

Now I dont have the IP address to hand unfortunately - but for what its
worth ours crashed with "Error 602". So you could claim to be
using XP and
use that excuse ;-)

Dean