From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noel_pilot
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:27 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Rack mount cabinets...depths?!

Thanks all, its more a future proof sense was wondering if i bought
one rack then one day needed to get something bigger in there could i
do it so the answer seems with caution yes!

gives me a bit more freedom,
Need to measure my av amp now see if its wider than 19" ideally i want
everything to be in the rack either mounted properly or on shelves. at
the moment its on a glass five shelf av stand, want to move to a rack
to gain some space and ease the cooling.

Thanks
Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Alex
Monaghan" <ha@...> wrote:

> Depends on the design of the rack, if you have a door, then obviously
it
> won't close, generally the structure of the cabinet will allow full
width
> access to the rack from front and back, so you could have something
sticking
> out the back.
>
> I'd go for a rack deep enough to house your kit though.

[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On
Behalf Of