Re: Re: Rack mount cabinets...depths?!

noel_pilot wrote:
> Thanks all, its more a future proof sense was wondering if i bought
> one rack then one day needed to get something bigger in there could i
> do it so the answer seems with caution yes!

There's no such thing as a rack cabinet that's too big :-)

I bought a 600x600 24U cabinet, and almost immediately wished I'd bought
800x800 - the extra space around the actual mounting strips is
invaluable for routing cables, mounting PDUs etc - and could have used
additional height on several occasions as well.

> gives me a bit more freedom,
> Need to measure my av amp now see if its wider than 19" ideally i
want
> everything to be in the rack either mounted properly or on shelves.

Most AV kit is 17" wide.

Jim