RE: Advice needed on Comfort, NSI/NACOSS & insurance

> I was discussing insurance yesterday with my mortgage lenders and
> they have said they want a NACOSS approved system with an annual
> maintenance agreement.

Is this for discount, or will they not insure the property unless you meet
the above criteria? If the later, talk to another insurer. I recall the
discount is typically only up to 5% if you have an 'approved' alarm
installed and 'maintained'.

> I've perhaps been na=EFve and not sorted this out before but I've had
> so many other problems with the build itself it's not figured that
> highly. Has anyone any advice for me as to the best way to proceed.

Get some more Insurance quotes, work out what the 5% discount is worth, and
see if the cost/added value of an 'approved/maintained' alarm is worth the
initial investment and ongoing maintenance costs.

=20