Latest message you have seen: Which HA standard to use for first home?

Re: Advice needed on Comfort, NSI/NACOSS & insurance

For what it's worth, my experience of insurance companies and alarms
was
ridiculous.

"If you have an alarm we will discount your policy amount"

hmm by £3.65 a year :(

"the alarm must be installed by a nacoss registered co."
ok fair (i guess)

" and maintained on annual contract by a nacoss registered co."
hmm perhaps (at £60 a year)

"if the security system is not set or has not been set at the time of
claim for theft/maliscious damage, the policy will not pay out."

For 3.65 a year saving, I dont think so. I told them the alarm wasn't
installed after all.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:42:55 -0000, Gary Tall wrote