Advice needed on Comfort, NSI/NACOSS & insurance

  • Subject: Advice needed on Comfort, NSI/NACOSS & insurance
  • From: "Gary Tall" <gtcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:42:55 -0000

I'm generally a lurker here but do find reading the threads=20
interesting when I'm commuting.

We are (hopefully) nearing the end of a near three year stint living=20
in a caravan whilst we convert a barn to be a family home. We've=20
gone down the Comfort and Clipsal C-Bus route and will be linking=20
both to Homevision (C-Bus via one of Kevin H's interfaces) and using=20
FirM to provide remote control.=20

Our electrician is a medium size contractor and has been very good,=20
all the wires for the sensors are in and he is contracted to supply=20
the Comfort alarm.

I was discussing insurance yesterday with my mortgage lenders and=20
they have said they want a NACOSS approved system with an annual=20
maintenance agreement.=20

The electrician is not NSI approved and I'm not really sure what to=20
do now, whether to get someone involved who is or to tell the=20
insurance company that I'm not going to have an approved system.

I've perhaps been na=EFve and not sorted this out before but I've had=20
so many other problems with the build itself it's not figured that=20
highly. Has anyone any advice for me as to the best way to proceed.

Regards
Gary