Re: Re: xAP and UPNP

Ian -

Thanks ! ... I've ordered the PC & some Idratek modules etc ... when=20
they arrive & I've got someting set-up (in between the day-job, thats
is=20
!), I'll give it a go ... 'though not sure what with (washing-machine=20
... DAB radio ... RS232 hi-fi ... or ... ?) ...

>Mac development tools ...

Yep ... actually, with Tiger, a lot of development stuff comes free, and=20
a lot of stuff is taken care-of ... they seemed to be encouraging=20
newbies to take an interest (hence the free inclusion) ... but, 'must=20
say, when I dug into it I was very surprised by what I found ... I go=20
absolutely nowhere !

Chris

Ian Lowe wrote:

>>'still can't get my mind round this xAP & xPL stuff ... I get
the idea ,=
=20
>>=20=20=20=20
>>
>of course, but not the implementation - ie: how it's used & got
working ..=
.

>1) pick your device/system
>
>2) get a gateway/plugin/app that adds xPL support to that device/system
>
>3) plan some logic, which things should trigger which other things to
>happen, whether that's time of day, people in the house, the phone
ringing=
,
>a pir being activated whatever.
>
>4) add "determinators" (or simple scripts) to imnplement that
logic

>Rinse, lather, repeat.=20
>
>There really isn't anything more to it than that, and there are quite
>extensive docs explaining how to do all of this stuff.
>
>Of course, it might not suit you, as although there are a variety of
Linux
>and Windows apps/gateways, there's pretty much nothing on Mac, which is
>largely to do with just how god-awful the Mac development tools are!
(not =