RE: Re: xAP and UPNP

> 'still can't get my mind round this xAP & xPL stuff ... I get
the idea ,=
=20
of course, but not the implementation - ie: how it's used & got working

1) pick your device/system

2) get a gateway/plugin/app that adds xPL support to that device/system

3) plan some logic, which things should trigger which other things to
happen, whether that's time of day, people in the house, the phone ringing,
a pir being activated whatever.

4) add "determinators" (or simple scripts) to imnplement that
logic

Rinse, lather, repeat.=20

There really isn't anything more to it than that, and there are quite
extensive docs explaining how to do all of this stuff.

Of course, it might not suit you, as although there are a variety of Linux
and Windows apps/gateways, there's pretty much nothing on Mac, which is
largely to do with just how god-awful the Mac development tools are! (not
t=
mention expensive - VB2005 express is a free download, the MacOSX dev
platform is over =A3600!!)

Ian.