CPC - Bluedelta A/V over CAT 5

  • Subject: CPC - Bluedelta A/V over CAT 5
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:49:43 -0000

All this recent talk of CPC prompted me to flick through the new=20
catalogue they managed to heave onto my doorstep :-)    It's not=20
exactly small and light !

I'm sort of in the market (read that as budget not yet approved!)=20
for an RGB or S-vid distribution system to replace the 8 room RF=20
based loftbox I use now, so I had quick look and I see they have a=20
couple of new A/V over Cat 5 products.

AVilynx offers a lot for the money, matrix switching etc but it's=20
only composite.

Muxlab VideoEase - Lots of options but pricey for 8 rooms.

They do a couple of 'point to point' systems as well (such as the=20
Bobcat) and the Kramer Tools, Component and S/PDIF over Cat 5.

More interesting (for me anyway) was the Bluedelta Milstone stuff.=20
Lot's of features IR pass,Hubs,stackable,centrally powered - no PSU=20
for receivers and looks very future proof and flexible. reasonable=20
price as well - 1 in 8 out kit for =A3300

So after 1/2hr fighting CPC's website and looking at the=20
manufacturers website I'm still non the wiser as to which signals it=20
uses. I'm starting to think it must be Composite only as the blurb=20
is full of vague 'Clear, sharp, bright pictures' without any detail.
Even the user manual 'System Specification' just says 'SCART, S-
Video optional' which as they also sell a S-vid diplexer (Composite=20
to S-Vid converter) leads me down the same path.

Anyone used one or have any more information on it ?
http://www.bluedelta.co.uk/milestone_system.htm

Ta
Kevin W.