Re: Re: Automated stairway lights

  • Subject: Re: Re: Automated stairway lights
  • From: Simon Ryley <simon.ryley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:11:06 +0000 (GMT)

Steve,

Thanks for the info, very useful.

So from the info you have sent, I would have to convert the two switches to
momentary, and fit an LW12 behind one switch.  This would give me dimmable
control of the stair lights from the switches, with X10 capability as well.
  Looking at the data sheet for the LW12, it can handle mains halogens
without problems.

How did you do movement sensing on your system?  I was planning on staying
away from wireless, and using a SM10E connected to a couple of ceiling
PIRs, with possibly a door switch as well, all wired in parallel.
http://www.letsautomate.com/10258.cfm?

Then a CM11 doing the control bit.   I just need to work out if its ok to
power the PIRs from the lighting circuit.

I think I'll buy a starter kit first though to make sure I don't have any
interference issues.

Thanks for the help,

Simon