Re: Re: Another Idratek punter

I guess if you use surface reed switches you can run the cable under
the
plaster and just pop out for the last few centimetres rather than drill the
frame. A bit more unsightly than a completely hidden scheme, but easier to
arrange.  I guess the installers just don't like to modify anything that
might rebound on them later.

I think orange Cat5 is low smoke halogen free stuff, usually used
commercially, and always more expensive.

On 10/23/06, Jon Shaw <semi.jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> David Wrote:
>
> > PS: Since you've got all that plaster off, consider fitting
switches
> on the windows so you can inhibit the heating when the window is open
> :-)
>
> I have already added cabling for the windows (see the bed 5 pic, it's
the
> cable with the knot in it =96 don't you love builders! Just as well
the d=
ata
> rates are low!) and was hoping the window installer would add the
sensors
> but they say its either the sensor or the steel surround. This is
puzzlin=
> as they have to drill through the surround to fit the window! Any
ideas
> how
> to add the sensors to the windows?
>
> On the cable front in the end I have gone for FTP but stranded cable.
> Vivian
> said he thought it would work well with the Idranet connectors and
> universal
> cable's price wasn't too much more than good quality cat5. I chose
yellow
> to distinguish it =96 sadly orange cable was MUCH more expensive! The
cab=
le