Re: Another Idratek punter

  • Subject: Re: Another Idratek punter
  • From: "Jon Shaw" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:28:00 +0100

Nigel wrote:

>lets
hope the cost of being a member of the list doesn't outweigh the
advantages :-)

=20

There is no question the group is a huge benefit :-)

=20

David Wrote:

> PS: Since you've got all that plaster off, consider fitting switches
on the windows so you can inhibit the heating when the window is open
:-)

=20

I have already added cabling for the windows (see the bed 5 pic, it=92s the
cable with the knot in it =96 don=92t you love builders! Just as well the
d=
ata
rates are low!) and was hoping the window installer would add the sensors
but they say its either the sensor or the steel surround.   This is
puzzlin=
as they have to drill through the surround to fit the window!  Any ideas
ho=
to add the sensors to the windows?

=20

On the cable front in the end I have gone for FTP but stranded cable.
Vivia=
said he thought it would work well with the Idranet connectors and
universa=
cable=92s price wasn=92t too much more than good quality cat5.  I chose
yel=
low
to distinguish it =96 sadly orange cable was MUCH more expensive!  The
cabl=
is about 6mm round so I can JUST get 4 cables in a 20mm conduit

=20

Generally on cable I am amazed at the price difference of various cat5
brands, I bought some =93high-end=94 Nexans Lan mark 5 and some cheap
Belki=
stuff from Amazon, interesting to see if there is any difference in its
performance, ease of installation.

=20

=20

Lehane Wrote:

>Look at the JG 24V one - =A322

Fantastic =96 thanks.  We are thinking about UFH for the ground floor so
th=
is
site could be v handy :-)

=20