cheap wired AV link required

I know the "proper" answer to this question is
"KAT5", but....

My parents currently have a wireless video sender to get their cable TV
signal from the cable box at one end of the living room, over to a 2nd
TV at the opposite end of the living room, and for numerous reasons this
is way less than satisfactory. I'd like to change it for a wired link of
some kind. Since it is just for a 2nd TV, *and* because my parents just
don't "get it" when it comes to AV quality, I know they won't
consider
it worthwhile springing for KAT5, so I'm wondering if there are any
(admittedly inferior) budget versions available? - I'm sure I recall
seeing mentions in here before for various KAT5-a-like systems, which
just use passive unbalanced signals... - even this is likely to be
better than the quality currently being delivered by the wireless link!

The distance between the two points is about 6 metres, although a cable
would have to go "up & over" and so would need to cover more
like 12
metres, the cable box delivers composite video & audio for sure, - not
sure about anything better than that until I get a chance to pull it out
& have a look.

I'm looking for a simple, cheap composite AV link with IR return, -
although the IR return could be delivered by a separate system if
necessary. I guess CAT5 media would be preferable, as it will be simpler
to cable with, but it's not essential (I could conceivably just run a
15m SCART cable!) - but I already laid a CAT5 cable to one of the 2
positions, so half the work is already done...

Suggestions?

TIA

Paul G.