Re: Number of cables per conduit?

How are you going to get the waste pipe through the holes you've
drilled, unless you take a couple of bricks out at the end of your
house?

Consider cheap guttering for supporting cables along the length of
joists. I didn't bother, but used "U" nails instead with cable
ties
etc around the bunch of cables just to lift them off the plasterboard.

I've got 3x CT100 coax and 2 or 3x Cat5 and it's nearly full. IIRC
I've also got 3x coax + 2x speaker in some places too. Both groups are
into 25x26 "mini trunking" from TLC.

I built a stud wall during my renovation and hid a length of waste
pipe in there to carry cables from the void beneath the 1st floor up
into the attic space. I probably should've put in two lengths...

There's photos of some of my installation in the Group area on Yahoo :-)

HTH,

Tim.

On 10/4/06, Jonathan Shaw <semi.jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are there any guidelines on the number of cables (Cat5, CT100, speaker
> etc) that will fit into 20 or 25 mm conduit?
>
> Common sense suggests that the conduit cannot be filled to the max,
but
> what is the practicle limit?  9 x 5mm cables in 20 mm conduit?
> Does it help to pull a bundle through at a time?
>
> I am thinking of running a 40mm waste pipe as a main conduit from
Node0