Re: Number of cables per conduit?

  • Subject: Re: Number of cables per conduit?
  • From: "Jonathan Shaw" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:41:34 -0000

Robert
No, it is a 1912 property, not as well built as it looks from the
outside, although at least we've zapped the wood worm now!

I hadn't thought of a tray - to fit into an old property I assume I'd
need to slot the joists as for plumbing.  However with the existing
slots not sure there is much scope left for a tray - will look into
sizes.

Thanks

Jon
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Robert Jennings <yahoogroups@...>
wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Is it a new build ? If it is I would consider using cable tray. It
is
> what electricians will use so it is cheap, easy to source and has
many
> sizes, joints etc. Lay it on to of your joists so it doesn't weaken
> them.
>
> Robert
>
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 08:59 +0000, Jonathan Shaw wrote:
> > Are there any guidelines on the number of cables (Cat5, CT100,
speaker
> > etc) that will fit into 20 or 25 mm conduit?
> >
> > Common sense suggests that the conduit cannot be filled to the
max, but
> > what is the practicle limit?  9 x 5mm cables in 20 mm conduit?
> > Does it help to pull a bundle through at a time?
> >
> > I am thinking of running a 40mm waste pipe as a main conduit from
Node0