[OT] Taking a Sony Bravia TV to Australia

  • Subject: [OT] Taking a Sony Bravia TV to Australia
  • From: "David Ward" <d.ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:18:20 -0000

Apologies for the OT post, but I know this is the best place to ask

A colleague is emigrating to Australia next year and was just asking if
her Sony Bravia LCD TV would work out there?
I know Australia is PAL-G and we in the UK are PAL-I but have no idea
what the terrestrial digital TV is.

The Sony documentation that my colleague has just says the TV is
compatible with PAL, NTSC, and SECAM no mention of the audio encoding.

Thanks in advance

Dave

BTW If there is anyone in the Brisbane area who needs a superb VHDL
expert and Chartered Electronics Engineer next year I can recommend one!