From: Geoff H=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Low power SSH Tunneling

If you want something that will work 'out of the box'
then take a look at the Gumstix range http://www.gumstix.com

These will cost around =A3200 once import duties are paid but are
very good.

The Linksys NSLU2 should be capable of doing this.
You may be able to find a precompiled image on the net that someone else
has already made.

The Gumstix will happily take care of your tunnelling needs and you can p=
robably set
it up to act as a proxy as well.

Details of the software pre-loaded on it can be found here http://tinyurl=
.com/y75kkr

HTH
Geoff

On 6 Nov 2006 at 12:05, seniorsimon wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I work on various different sites and from time to time need secure
> accesss to my home pc to either grab a file, or browse for something
> outside of the internet restrictions I sometimes get stuck with.
>=20
> At the moment I use OpenSSH for windows on my home machine, which
> works really well, but means I need to leave my machine on a lot as I
> don't always have advance warning of when I will need to access it.
>=20
> I want to do provide ssh tunneling to the internet in a lower power
> way, and a bit of googling has pulled out the possibility of using a
> NSLU2 from Linksys with a linux port, or a WRT54G wireless router
> using linux as well.=20
>=20
> If anyone have any experience of either of these two options I'd
> appreciate any advice or tips you could give. I'm currently leaning
> towards the NSLU2 as I already have a wireless router at home, but I'm
> happy to be pointed either way by positive user experience.=20
>=20
> I'm really after the user experience here before I blow some cash and
> find a flaw I didn't see in my googling.
>=20
> Cheers,
>=20
> Simon=20