Re: Re: Which NAS Box?

"I have used an old PIII 800Mhz / 256Mb Gateway"

Crikey! That's a bit cutting edge isn't it?  :)

My two NAS boxes are PII 333MHz / 128MB machines.
Both were given to me, the only new bits it them are the drives and one
has a £10 IDE card to allow more drives to be plugged in.

Being old they don't use as much power and the drives are set to spin
down after 10 mins.  They both work great and have plenty of room for
expansion.