Latest message you have seen: RE: CBus power usage

Re[2]: centrally located amp

The arrows HAVE to point from the speakers to the amp, so the wire was
correctly installed. The arrows show the direction of motion of the
SOUNDOFFs. Most people thinks the music is carried by SOUNDONs in the
direction from the amp to the speakers, but that is just an artifice to
make the maths easier. When you get all quantum about it, it is the
migration of SOUNDOFFs in the opposite direction that is responsible for
the apparent movement of sound down a wire. It is slightly analagous to
"electrons" and "holes" in semiconductors, but don't
push your luck as thewre are quite a lot of differences.

The special speaker wire with arrows has a marginal semi-soundic effect
built in which makes the soundoffs move more easily one way than the other,
Connecting them with the arrows pointing from the amp to the speakers will
work, but the top end will sound  slighly brittle, and there will be a
noticeable ( to the connisseur that is) band gap centred on 3156.764Hz.

Pete