RE: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:35:26 -0000

It also depends on what you're copying from/to...

...If I go between the Mac Mini and one of my Windows PCs that have 3Com
10/100 network cards in then I get up to about 8Mbytes/sec of throughput.
If
I'm going between the Mac Mini and any of the Windows PCs with built in
network ports then some of those will only see about 5-6 mbytes/sec
throughput (whack a 3Com NIC in them and they perk up again to around the 8
mbytes/sec mark).

What surprised me (given that it supports gigabit) is the Buffalo
Terastation ... last week I was only getting about 5m bytes/sec throughput
to that across my network ...

Phil

;-)