Re: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?
  • From: "Chris Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:34:26 -0000

So at 2 hours per dvd thats 1200 hours for under a grand or under =A31
per hour - slave labour!

As for EAC, might I suggest you check your setup - I run at around 7
mins a disk for EAC rip. Somtimes faster. I bought one of the EAC
recommended drives though. I also have SATA hard disks and the CD
reader on PATA. Apparently it makes a big difference - you should
never have the hard disk and cd ripper on the same bus.

Chris

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)"
<haweste@a...> wrote:

> Are you sure it only takes you 15 mins?
> It takes me nearly 30mins per audio CD via EAC & LAME. I'd guess a
couple of hours per DVD for one at a time. I guess Phil has the best
guide of "how long" since his hobby (apart from copying TB of
data
across his network) is continually re-ripping his DVDs...
> ;-)
>=20
> With 8 drives though, maybe you could set it up before you leave for
work then it would be finished by the time you get home, put another
set in overnight, replace in the morning etc.
>=20
> I think Noel offered you =A31000 vs. your =A32000 quote. I'll put in
my
bid at =A3995 ;-)
<haweste@a...>
> > >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke=20
> > firewire drives ?
> > >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:22:01 -0000
> > >
> > >What, with 8 DVD drives?
> > >I'd have thought that processor resource would be the=20
> > limiting factor,=20
> > >rather than drive capacity - it certainly is when I rip my=20
> > CDs to MP3.
> > >
> > >Cheers,
> > >
> > >Tim.

tried=20