RE: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:56:39 -0000

Are you sure it only takes you 15 mins?
It takes me nearly 30mins per audio CD via EAC & LAME. I'd guess a
couple o=
f hours per DVD for one at a time. I guess Phil has the best guide of
"how =
long" since his hobby (apart from copying TB of data across his
network) is=
continually re-ripping his DVDs...
;-)

With 8 drives though, maybe you could set it up before you leave for work
t=
hen it would be finished by the time you get home, put another set in
overn=
ight, replace in the morning etc.

I think Noel offered you =A31000 vs. your =A32000 quote. I'll put in my
bid=
at =A3995 ;-)

Cheers,

Tim.