Re: Asterisk Q.... re answering incoming PSTN line

On 01/02/2006 at 20:34 Kevin Hawkins wrote:

>OK, so I've taken the plunge , got asterisk@home up and running on
one=20
>of those =A399 Dell servers and all seems well - no problems
encountered=20
>in the install - and I have to sat Asterisk is one impressive piece
of=20
>software. Using a Sipura 3000 - another fiendishly impressive piece
of=20
>kit - this alone as a HA device has amazing potential ... haven't got
it=20
>dialling out yet but ....a stupid Q.   (need to find an Asterisk group
I=20
>guess as well)
>
>An incoming call is answered by Asterisk and fed to the appropriate=20
>extensions while simulating ringing back to the caller. What I
wanted=20
>(expected) to happen was that the call was not answered on the PSTN=20
>incoming line unless an extension picked it up - does/can it not
work=20
>this way ??  I intended that voicemail would answer eventually but
not=20
>for say 30 seconds.=20=20=20

Actually, you'll probably find that it's the sipura answering the call and
=
then
passing it to Asterisk. There's a config option in the sipura to stop this
=
from happening
- just looking for it for you. Also make sure you have the latest
firmware.=
..

Andy