Re: Asterisk Q.... re answering incoming PSTN line

>An incoming call is answered by Asterisk and fed to the appropriate
>extensions while simulating ringing back to the caller. What I wanted
>(expected) to happen was that the call was not answered on the PSTN
>incoming line unless an extension picked it up - does/can it not work
>this way ??  I intended that voicemail would answer eventually but not
>for say 30 seconds.

Here you go:

set the SPA parameters as follows:
1. Line 1 and PSTN line each have distinct and separate User IDs and
passwords, and there are entries for each in Asterisk's sip.conf, with
type=friend, and DIFFERENT contexts for each. Make sure that they both
appear as registered (Registration State on the Info tab).
2. PSTN Ring Thru Line 1 is "yes". PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable is
"no"
(if that is yes, then if Asterisk doesn't answer, the SPA eventually will,
and
I don't want that, but you might).
3. In the User 1 tab, I have Cfwd Sel1 Caller set to the userid of the PSTN
line, and Cfwd Sel1 Dest set to an extension in the context for the PSTN
line.
4. In extensions.conf, in the context for the PSTN line, before doing
anything else, I do a SetCallerID so that _if_ the call were to ring or be
transferred back to Line1, it would not be picked up by the Selective Call
Forwarding setting.
5. On the PSTN User tab, I have Default Ring set to "Follow Line
1".