RE: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch

> I seem to remember Phil mentioned that another type of appliance
module
> doesn't do current sensing, so wouldn't have the same problem -
there's
> also
> supposed to be a mod to disable the current sense on a regular AM12
> module.

The module that *DOESN'T* have the leak current sense circuitry is the
AD10 DIN unit - that will not give you any current leak at all.

If you do "the mod" to an AM12 then al you do is disable the
modules
ability to sense the local control of the attached device - you don't
disable the current leak itself. (This mod is suitable for situations
where you want to disable local control - for instance my kids TV - or you
are controlling switched mode PSUs which can, as they discharge when
turned off, have a change in input characteristics which can fool the
modue into powering back on.)

It is possible that "the mod" won't work on the latest AM12's - I
can't
believe that X10 did do a redesign of the module but I did have a customer
just before Xmas who couldn't locate the link to cut on one of his AM12's
... possibly this was correct but it's more likely that he simply missed
it.

Phil