RE: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch

  • Subject: RE: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:03:03 -0000

Gareth,

I'm not sure I completely follow, but I think you're on the right track.
The thermostat needs to stay wired into the circuit but if all you're
doing is replacing the time-clock function then this should work well
:-)

The power to the boiler is usually protected with a 3A fuse :-)

Ian Lowe wrote this FAQ entry which may also be of interest. It's X10
based but the principles should be the same:
http://tinyurl.com/au8jo
Or
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/faq/index.php?sid=22274&aktion=artikel&ru
brik=002&id=9&lang=en