Re: [OT]? - Hi8 Video Capture from CamCorder.

  • Subject: Re: [OT]? - Hi8 Video Capture from CamCorder.
  • From: ian.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:15:46 +0000

Hi

I use a Sony DV camcorder and its AV in ability. Essentially I play my Hi8
Canon which outputs a TV signal and capture this onto the Sony. This is now
digitized. I then play the Sony into the PC via the normal Firewire link
and Pinnacle Studio 10.5 ready for editing. From there output to whatever
you like e.g. DVD etc.

I have also moved some of my videos to DVD the same way. If longer than an
hour it takes a little editing in Pinnacle to stitch it back together.

I have also got one of the external devices to directly encode to DVD
format but I found this slow to set up and very hardware intensive (Disk
mainly). Very frustrating when it crashes too. Once it was on the PC it was
then sometimes too big for a single layer DVD so it was off to DVD shrink
etc. The quality from both methods was similar.

Ian

---------+---------------------------->
Wayne
<Wayne@planetWayn