RE: XPL - XAP

>> Before too long, we will need to buy appliances for the new
house ...
>> and Siemens have an offer to add EIB to some of their ovens,
fridges,
>> freezers, washing-machines, dishwashers, tumble-driers, etc ...
50Euro
>> per item, for full control & status (on/off, open/closed,
start/stop,
>> settings, etc) ... but our network will be Idratek, not EIB !

> I'm at a loss to understand the benefits for this, other than
UKHA-factor!

I actually could have done with this many times in the past - would be
really good to know when the oven timer is beeping or when the tumble
drier/washing machine has finished it's cycle - I would love to get that
status into xAP so I can play an announcement over the whole house speakers
or show it on a status panel on my desktop etc.

This is what real Home Automation is all about!

Paul.