[OT] XP PnP monitor woes

  • Subject: [OT] XP PnP monitor woes
  • From: "kinchyuk" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 08:39:45 -0000

Hi gang,

Having a real nightmare with a monitor I've just acquired. It's a
DGM/Digimate 17" TFT monitor. It won't display above 640x480 in XP.
There's no driver for it according to Digimate, so it's installing
itself as a 'plug and play monitor'. Even changing the monitor type
to something different doesn't help.

Everything is fine on my old monitor (Hansol 500F), which XP
recognizes. Tried two video cards - the original ATI AIW 9000
(Radeon) and now a Matrox G550 Millenium - and still the same
problem. If I unplug the Hansol and plug in the Digimate monitor,
everything is fine until reboot when XP realises the Hansol is no
longer plugged in.

Strangely enough safe mode displays in 1024x768, and if I remove all
the video card drivers it works fine too - just a little slow and
clunky on scrolling, screen refresh etc :)

Any ideas?

Alex