Re: [OT] Bad TV picture after dragging some CT100 coax

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Bad TV picture after dragging some CT100 coax
  • From: "jonsemailstuff" <jonsemailstuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:11:17 -0000

After working with digital TV for a good few years, I've come to the
conclusion that standard "Belling Lee" type connectors are not
worth
the bother.

I always use F types and adaptors. The twist on F types are fine,
there's no need to use the expensive crimp type. I'd also recommend
using distribution amps / splitters etc with F type connectors and not
the "Belling Lee" type.

The other thing to avoid are the aerial outlet plates with screw down
terminals. You get far superior results making your own with a
blanking plate and bulkhead mounting F-F couplers.

Cheers,
Jon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@m...>
wrote:
> Sean,Brian
>
> Thanks for the replies, I'll try "kinking" the tip and
"re-screwing"