Re: [OT] Pay-per-click Colour Printers

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Pay-per-click Colour Printers
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <those@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:39:15 -0000

It's been a while since I last put one of these in but the deal was
very similar. What I don't understand is if you're duplex printing
onto A3, surely that's just two A3 prints, one for the front and one
for the back (unless all costs are based on A4). If you send this as
one file to print, then all would be treated as colour prints. The
printer drivers for this machine may be more intelligent, but he may
have to send two print requests, one for one side in colour and then
reload the paper and print the opposite side in b&w.

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <groups@m...> wrote:
> Hi, sorry for the OT but I'm trying to help a friend out. He has a
Gestetner
> DSc38 colour printer that he purchased outright but pays for toner
and
> maintenance through a pay per click/page deal. About a penny for
B&W A4 and