Geovision

Hi All,,

Just bought my first Geovision GV-650-12 and so far I am very pleased
with it!

One problem I have come up against, my original system, a MV-100, was
located in my workshop, therefore my cameras all terminate there.

But now I find it might be better to locate my Geovision PC here in my
loft conversion which means re-wiring....

This is going to be a quite a task but the question is, what cable do I
use?

I was thinking CT100, that way I could use it for Cable TV if ever I
wish but I do have some long runs of BNC networking cable which works
fine.

I could run CT100 from my Loft down through the house and terminate it
in the rear living room then run the cables from the cameras through to
connect in the living room, this sounds the best solution, but do I
still use the CT100 from the cameras to the living room or use
networking coax?

I have 4 CAT5e sockets in the workshop but 3 of these are being used.

Is there such a thing as a CT100 to RJ45 converter?

I was also thinking of supplying the camera power from the loft, like I
do for a PC based CCTV system I use, and then use CAT5 to move the video
and the power to the required CCTV location.

What do you guy's suggest?

Thanks all,

B.