RE: a/v outlet options

  • Subject: RE: a/v outlet options
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:08:50 +0100

Ian,

Not sure I saw any replies to this. My comments in-line below :-)

I think this is the easiest / most flexible solution. Maybe fit a scart
socket then it's just one connector for all signals. Bit of a pain to
solder-up though.
I've used "F" connectors throughout my house for coax, regardless
of
whether its satellite or regular analogue TV. My custom wall plates have
a panel mount "F" coupler in them, see www.cpc.co.uk part #
"SECON2" (no
quotes) for the type of thing.

> 2) What cable should I run through the wall for max
> flexibility in the future? I guess I could run cat5 for a
> kat5 module but this will also need 12V from somewhere.

While you're at it, pull a piece of string through too, then whatever
you may need in the future you won't be fishing around with a coat
hanger etc. trying to feed new wires through.

For power, can you run a two-core power wire from your loft space and
terminate in a socket on the wall plate?? Fit the wall-wart in the attic
and save an ugly lump right by the screen.