Re: [OT] Domain POP

UKHA wrote:

> On 08/10/2005 at 15:15 UKHA wrote:
>
> >On 07/10/2005 at 18:57 David Greaves wrote:
>

> >>here's a sample fetchmail config file to give you an idea -
just read it
> >>out loud:
> >>
> >>set daemon 180 # ie check every 180 secs
> >>
> >>poll pop3.demon.co.uk with proto POP3
> >>    user 'beagles-den' there with password 'xxxxxxx' is
> >>ukha@xxxxxxx here options fetchall
> >>    antispam 571 550 501 554
> >>
> >>Not hard really :)
> >>

> Unfortuneately this is only going to deliver ALL mail to a single
> user.. I'm trying to work out how to map a 'remote' user to a 'local'
> one...effectively all I need to do is replace the domain part of the
> email address, eg ukha@xxxxxxx  becomes ukha@localhost
>
> Searching about I find lots of fetchmail questions but very few
> answers .. sigh
>

> Andy

assuming you have all mail going to a single demon pop3 mailbox then
google fetchmail and multidrop

http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-man.html#25

ie if you want to do this then dont. Instead setup an MTA like exim and
have fetchmail feed exim (or cyrus or the like).

fred@xxxxxxx --smtp-> single demon pop mailbox
--fetchmail-> your PC --exim-> fred's mailbox
ukha@xxxxxxx --smtp-> single demon pop mailbox
--fetchmail-> your PC --exim-> ukha's mailbox

if however you have different pop3 mailboxes for each user at demon then
you have multiple
user 'x' there with password 'xxxxxxx' is X@xxxxxxx
here options fetchall
lines