Re: [OT] Domain POP

On 08/10/2005 at 18:14 David Greaves wrote:

>assuming you have all mail going to a single demon pop3 mailbox then
>google fetchmail and multidrop
>
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-man.html#25
>
>ie if you want to do this then dont. Instead setup an MTA like exim and
>have fetchmail feed exim (or cyrus or the like).

Yes I found that one, but they do sort of say you can use SDPS - which I
just couldn't get to
work properly at all :/

>if however you have different pop3 mailboxes for each user at demon
then
>you have multiple
>   user 'x' there with password 'xxxxxxx' is X@xxxxxxx
>here options fetchall
>lines

Although you apparently don't get multiple pop addresses with demon, you
can sort of emulate
it, this is a bit of a fudge but it seems to work - unless you can point
out the glaring error :)

poll pop3.demon.nl protocol POP3
localdomains <demon-domain-name>
user gordon+<demon-host-name> is gordon
password **********
fetchall

poll pop3.demon.nl protocol POP3
localdomains <demon-domain-name>
user andy+<demon-host-name> is andy
password ********
fetchall

poll pop3.demon.nl protocol POP3
localdomains <demon-domain-name>
user <demon-host-name> is carp
password *************
fetchall

my real worry is what happens if a message comes in between the 2nd and
last runs... would mail destined for andy actually go to the carp account?

Andy