xPl - What ? How ?

  • Subject: xPl - What ? How ?
  • From: "Tom Van den Bon" <tvdbon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:57:00 +0200

Hi Guys,

I've found the xplproject on the net and I find it very interesting, but
I'm
still not sure how exactly it works. Lets say I've got a linux server
running, some x10 devices and a k8000 board.

(a)What would I need on this linux server to start controlling these
devices?
(b)Can I write my own programs to interface with all my other apps? (I take
it this is where the xpl hub comes into play?)
(c)Is it possible to monitor and control three different machines all
networked, and each with different devices?

I read as much as I could on the website, but I'm still not very sure on
how
it works and would I need to set it up?

Regards,
Tom

--
Tom Van den Bon
Systems Developer @ SCE (http://www.sce.co.za)

"3 Days without programming and life becomes meaningless"