Re: VOIP and Bluetooth Headset?!?!

  • Subject: Re: VOIP and Bluetooth Headset?!?!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:38:12 -0000

aah that bluespoons quite cool, alas i don't have an analogue line and
now i've entered the world of cable, can't see me having one in the
foreseeable future!

i like the idea of having a play with asterisk, multiple extensions
things like that, complete overkill for my needs but hey its a
project!! plan to run it on a nice small shuttle, either that or Im
going to take a closer look at the mac version of asterisk see how it
compares to asterisk @ home, i.e. whether its as easy to do some of
the nerd vittles tutorials that I'd like to!

aah i see just clicked! so if i had an asterisk pbx, a softphone on
the pc and a bluetooth headset linked to that pc, when all extensions
ring, if i clicked the connect button on the bt headset then the pc
softphone would answer the call!?! that right?

think thats the line i'd like to go down! the more mac based the
better! hehe

off to look at the sipura now! cheers,

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "patrick_o_matic" <patrick@l...>
wrote:

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noel_pilot" <HA@a...> wrote:
> >
> > Fantastic Patrick thank you.
> >
> > Could you ask your friend which Jabra headset he's using?
>
> Will do.
>
> [snip]
> >
> > will take a look at the sipura read up on it a bit, an asterisk
server
> > is on the todo list so at some stage im going to need some hard
phones
> > for that so if i can find some that support bluetooth then all
the
> better.
>
> You can use a Sipura stand-alone if you want to. Asterisk is obviously
> a nice-to-have.
>
> > ideally what i want is for all phones to ring and have the option
> > pick it up with either the bluetooth headset or any hard phone!
but