Latest message you have seen: Smart Metering Privacy

Re: Re: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat

Have you had a go at reverse engineering the protocol for the stats?  I
would imagine its based on a standard protocol such as RS232, RS 485,
LIN etc and so wouldn't be too hard to understand?  If someone can
gather the data I am happy to have a look at it.

markttay wrote:

> I have got 13 of these stats connected to 4 of their UH1 controllers
> for my underfloor heating system. I have used their sofware to
> programme the stats and set date and time etc. something that would
> be very labourious manually. Everything works ok, but it is very
> slow to update the stats and the sofware is rudimentary and not
> entirely stable. It is however the best networked setup I have seen
> on the market (within the bounds of what mere mortals can afford -
> unlike SmartKontrols) and the room stats are attractive and well
> made. Doesnt cost the earth either - from memory, stats were £30ish
> each and UH1 controllers £80.
>
> This system is crying out to be opened up to allow integration with
> outh HA systems, it baffles me why the Heatmiser folks wont do this.
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
> >

> > It's such a shame that HeatMiser won't release the serial
protocol
> for
> > their networked stats, as they would make great HA zone devices.
> It's
> > possible it could be be reverse engineered though.  Despite many
> > conversations with them they still believe that automation of
> heating
> > beyond their simple software isn't sensible or desirable.  They
> look
> > great (and well priced) products.
> >
> > Kevin

mechanical
> type one
don't know
> what
> > >>

> > > First you need to establish what current connections you
have on
> the old
> > > mechanical thermostat.  Then have a good read of the
documents