Latest message you have seen: Re: Free....Sony Ericsson HBH 20 Bluetooth hands free pendant

Re: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat

  • Subject: Re: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat
  • From: "markttay" <markttay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:20:48 -0000

I have got 13 of these stats connected to 4 of their UH1 controllers=20
for my underfloor heating system. I have used their sofware to=20
programme the stats and set date and time etc. something that would=20
be very labourious manually. Everything works ok, but it is very=20
slow to update the stats and the sofware is rudimentary and not=20
entirely stable. It is however the best networked setup I have seen=20
on the market (within the bounds of what mere mortals can afford -=20
unlike SmartKontrols) and the room stats are attractive and well=20
made. Doesnt cost the earth either - from memory, stats were =A330ish=20
each and UH1 controllers =A380.

This system is crying out to be opened up to allow integration with=20
outh HA systems, it baffles me why the Heatmiser folks wont do this.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:

>=20
> It's such a shame that HeatMiser won't release the serial protocol=20
for=20
> their networked stats, as they would make great HA zone devices.=20
It's=20
> possible it could be be reverse engineered though.  Despite many=20
> conversations with them they still believe that automation of=20
heating=20
> beyond their simple software isn't sensible or desirable.  They=20
look=20
> great (and well priced) products.
>=20
> Kevin
>=20
> Quinten Uijldert wrote:
> >> I presume these are easy to install? I have an old
mechanical=20
type one
> >> that needs replacing but not having done it before I don't
know=20
what
> >> to expect.
> >>=20=20=20=20=20
> >
> > First you need to establish what current connections you have
on=20
the old=20
> > mechanical thermostat.  Then have a good read of the documents=20
on the=20
> > Heatmiser website explaining which ones are suitable to
replace=20
it.  I had=20
> > no idea which one to use either, but with a bit of help from
the=20
guys in=20