Latest message you have seen: RE: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

Re: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat

  • Subject: Re: Heatmiser Central Heating Thermostat
  • From: "Chris Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:52:10 -0000

This is a great tool for logging serial exchanges and it has a free trial.

http://www.hhdsoftware.com/sermon.html

Chris
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Simon Ryley <simon.ryley@o...> wrote:

> Have you had a go at reverse engineering the protocol for the stats?
I=20
> would imagine its based on a standard protocol such as RS232, RS
485,=20
> LIN etc and so wouldn't be too hard to understand?  If someone can=20
> gather the data I am happy to have a look at it.
>=20
>=20
> markttay wrote:
>=20
> > I have got 13 of these stats connected to 4 of their UH1
controllers
> > for my underfloor heating system. I have used their sofware to
> > programme the stats and set date and time etc. something that
would
> > be very labourious manually. Everything works ok, but it is very
> > slow to update the stats and the sofware is rudimentary and not
> > entirely stable. It is however the best networked setup I have
seen
> > on the market (within the bounds of what mere mortals can afford
-
> > unlike SmartKontrols) and the room stats are attractive and well
> > made. Doesnt cost the earth either - from memory, stats were
=A330ish
> > each and UH1 controllers =A380.
> >
> > This system is crying out to be opened up to allow integration
with
> > outh HA systems, it baffles me why the Heatmiser folks wont do
this.

> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
> > >

> > > It's such a shame that HeatMiser won't release the serial
protocol
> > for
> > > their networked stats, as they would make great HA zone
devices.
> > It's
> > > possible it could be be reverse engineered though.  Despite
many
> > > conversations with them they still believe that automation
of
> > heating
> > > beyond their simple software isn't sensible or desirable.
They
> > look
> > > great (and well priced) products.
> > >
> > > Kevin

mechanical
> > type one
I don't know
> > what

> > the old
> > on the
> > it.  I had
> > guys in

> > Home repair improvement=20

repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=
=3D76&.sig=3DTcERUCDPQcJLbg9mtvQGJQ>

> > 	Computer stuff=20

provement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=
=3DplS9-eUUfaBXyLVFT87AJg>

> > 	High=20

w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3Db5d547gP=
x7eFWNGqXQCl7A>

> > Improvement=20

vement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3DO=
6pw_oratTOwep2G_91fIQ>