Latest message you have seen: RE: (OT) On line photo albums

Re: X10 and Ir remote

  • Subject: Re: X10 and Ir remote
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:02:28 GMT

In article <IFEKJKODHPGOANBCIDIPIELBBGAC.keith@xxxxxxx>, Keith Doxey
wrote:
> Dont know why your remote would have three diferent device codes. OFA
only
> have 167 or 0167 depending on whether the remote uses 3 or 4 digit
codes.

Thanks for the info, and needless to say, I can't (yet) answer this bit of
the puzzle!

BTW, even though I won't be able to use the AllHouse features of the
IR7243AH, is there any problem with buying this model? (Maybe I can get the
codes from somewhere later to add them to the MX-500?)

So, I'm thinking of buying the following from simplyautomate.co.uk

IR7243AH - Infrared Command Centre
AW10U    - Wall switch
AM12U    - Appliance module
LM12U    - Lamp Module
SS13E    - Stick-a-Switch
KR22E    - Keychain Remote (433MHz)

Any comments on these parts or the vendor?  The initial plan is to show
proof-of-concept by controlling a lamp with a Compact Fluorescent bulb
(hence the AM12U) a couple of incandescent lamps (hence the LM12U) and some
outside lights (hence the AW10U)

I plan to control everything from the keychain remote, our MX-500s via the
IR7243AH and the stick-a-switch. My worry is RF range as it seems quite
limited.  I guess I can add other RF receivers around the place?

Later on, I might start controlling this stuff from a Linux box. This
machine is also going to take over running the Dallas 1-wire stuff via a
USB
to 1-wire adaptor and the splendid OWFS (One Wire Filing System).

Or I could try also getting a CM11USB (computer interface) and a MS13E (PIR
to X10 RF) and see what ActiveHome software is like.

Thanks

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire