Latest message you have seen: RE: AlertMe ZigBee Smart Home Security System Review

Re: MCE Advice...

  • Subject: Re: MCE Advice...
  • From: "gigtekmediacomputers" <stuartmc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:10:23 -0000

Paul,

There are a couple of scenarios possible.

You say capture with MCE. Do you want to capture from within the MCE
interface using the EPG or do you just want to be able to view the
video you transfer from Sky+ within the MCE interface?

For the former you would need to use an analogue TV capture card such
as the Hauppauge MCE150 and set your EPG to Sky.=20

For the latter there is currently no capture card that works within
the MCE interface. So to do this you would just use a capture card
from within Windows XP saving the captured video to the "Shared
Videos" folder.

Not sure if either of these answer your question properly.

Stuart

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@p...> wrote:
> Actually Stuart, I have a question that I've been pondering
recently...
>=20
> What internal or external capture cards/devices work (work well!)
with MCE2K5?
>=20
> I've just built a MCE2K5 machine with no TV tuner in it at all - and
I don't want one particularly, since all my TV comes from the sky box,
and I find there's almost never anything I want to watch on the
terrestrial/freeview channels...
>=20
> I have an nVidia 6600 based graphics card with dual outputs (1 VGA,
1 DVI), this has no VIVO functionality, so I have no way currently of
getting the sky signal into the MCE machine..
>=20
> I might like to bring the sky signal into it just for completeness,
- I have sky+, so I don't particularly need any of MCE's TV trickery..
>=20
> I therefore am after a simple, yet decent quality video capture
solution that I can use to get a SCART output from the sky+ box into
MCE. - don't particularly mind if its PCI or USB...
>=20
> Any thoughts?..
>=20
> Paul G.