Latest message you have seen: Fw: Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

Re: Wifi problems

Neil Ball wrote:

> I've got a Linksys Wag54G which has been serving me well for around 6
> months. I moved house before Christmas and now have a problem with
poor
> signal strength in the lounge which causes the wifi signal to drop
out. I
> have tried moving the Linksys around the room in which it lives to see
> if I
> can gain a bit more signal downstairs but it has no effect. I had a
couple
> of high gain antennae spare from a Draytek unit I bought for work so
> thought
> that would be worth trying but the Linksys aerial cannot be removed
:-(

Have you tried changing to a different "channel"? It's possible
there's
someone else near your new house that is running a wireless network (or
some other bit of equipment on the same set of frequencies)...

Not sure if the Linksys supports WDS, but that could solve your problem
if it does.

Jim