From: Neil Ball [mailto:neilball@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 24 March 2005 21:04
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Wifi problems

I've got a Linksys Wag54G which has been serving me well for around 6
months. I moved house before Christmas and now have a problem with poor
signal strength in the lounge which causes the wifi signal to drop out. I
have tried moving the Linksys around the room in which it lives to see if I
can gain a bit more signal downstairs but it has no effect. I had a couple
of high gain antennae spare from a Draytek unit I bought for work so
thought
that would be worth trying but the Linksys aerial cannot be removed :-(

Is there such a thing as a relay station I could place downstairs to
"boost"
the signal? If not should I just swap it for the Draytek?

Neil B.