Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Milkmen, window cleaners or gardeners

Re: 100Mhz or 50Mhz

My only experience with a 100hz TV was with a friend who invited me
round to proudly show off his new Phillips. I had to sit there
pretending to be impressed. It was *dreadful*. Compared to my 28"
Panasonic Widescreen it looked awful, we watched a DVD and all I could
see were weird artifacting type effects, that weren't coming from the
DVD. Apparently if you switch off all the enhancements they're much
better, but even so I wouldn't touch one personally. But then again
I've yet to be even remotely impressed by an LCD or plasma TV so maybe
I have fussy eyes!

Tim.