Re: [OT] : wiring sockets ??

Hi,

Usual disclaimer applies.

> As far as I understand it, if an appliance on a ring circuit is
> drawing (say) 30 amps, then 15 amps are drawn along one side of the
> ring and 15 amps down the other side. So, all you should need is a
> connector block capable of handling 15 amps (or half the rating of the
> fuse used to protect te circuit).

Surely that can't be right, if for example something happened to the
wiring within the ring, such that a breakage occurred in one of the 2
legs feeding the appliance (socket) then the other leg has to carry the
full 30 amps, if that leg is the one with the 15 amp connector block
then it's under-rated.

Stuart