Re: Re: Measuring my electricity consumption.....

No, they don't change them before they loop back.

However, they should do a PIAT (Periodic Inspection And Test). A friends
house burnt down recently (he happened to be an electrician).

The fire investigation revealed that the fire started at the head or meter.

The insurance company requested the details of when the the last PIAT was
carried out, which they were unable to produce because it was more than 15
years ago.

As a consequence, the insurance company brought an action against the
supply
Co, which was uncontested.

Result - Supply company has paid < £200k to have the wreck demolished
and a
new house built.

For those that want a new meter, this might be a way of applying
leverage!!(When are you going to do a PIAT, NOT burning your house down!!!)

Cheers

Neil