Re: Home Automation Newbie - Advice Appreciated

Hi Similar sort of budget to mine.
I have not got yet but you should not underestimate the amount of
planning involved.
For each room work out EXACTLY what you want ie scenes,dimming any LED
colours etc - spacing and location of dimmed/non dimmed. Then work out
cable routes then spec your cbus.
Its worth thinking about how involved you wish to get. You should read
all the cbus literature and get your head around programming it. If
someone else programs it every time you want a change/addition you'll
have to get em in.
Get a bigger enclosure than you need and look at the Hager Vega -
http://www.hager.co.uk/files_download/brochure/Hager/Hager_General.pdf
A lot of guys have some pictures if their installs on this forum - so
spend some time searching the archives - it gave me inspiration.
I am not sure but cbus do courses and you get free kit - have no
details anyone know about this?