Latest message you have seen: Re: Pronto Codes for NAD T785 Amplifier

My current project (long post)

  • Subject: My current project (long post)
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:52:12 +1000

Hi All
Just thought some might be interested in a little project that =
i=20
have just completed while waiting for my dallas temp sensor so i can=20
progress with my probe project....

I currently  use my pirs which are connected to my Genesis alarm system to=
=20
trigger output relays connected to the Genesis 32 way output controller to=
=20
trigger CBUS aux inputs....Using timers in Genesis allows  the lighting=20
triggers to only happen when required ie late evening early morning..
This setup has worked quite well ....One issue that  has nagged  me is
that=
=20
the timer which controls the bedroom pirs is due to stop at 10pm each
night=
=20
,but some nights i might go to bed earlier and of course the sensor
keeps=20
triggering the lights till 10pm.....qute annoying to say the least.........

Decided that i should  hand over the evening control of the lites to=20
Homevision as its easier to setup and tweak and also i really dont like=20
messing with my alarm setup, plus extra wiring would be needed to do what
i=
=20
want to achieve.

I have added some more relays to my Genesis 32 way output controller and=20
programmed them to trigger for 3 seconds each time the required pir is=20
tripped....I have the dry contacts of 7 pir relays and system status relay=
=20
connected to one of my hv i/o Expander modules...

Have written a macro which scans the i/o module every half second and then=
=20
check a flag which is set by an event ...So basically i allow bedroom
pir=20
triggers between say 7pm till 10pm...
I have a seperate timer allocated for each pir and i also test this before=
=20
triggering the cbus lites as i dont want to burden HV everytime a pir=20
triggers....so if a timer is running nothing happens ,but if its not,
the=20
timer is started and a cbus message is sent out the serial port to turn on=
=20
the required lite.....Once the timer (s) time out (ringing) a cbus command=
=20
is sent to turn off the required lite....

Now i have a 4 gang switch adjacent my bed and one switch is programmed
for=
=20
all lights off , this is going to be my goodnite switch...When i press
this=
=20
all lites and fans etc go off ,xPL-CGATE picks up the cbus message and a=20
Determinator in xPL  runs which sets my goodnite flag in Homevision
....;-)=
=20
After this flag is set no pir triggers can occur in the Bedrooms.....

I think i may need to mod the hv macro so that the timers can be
retriggere=
d=20
to extend the timeout period of each lite if movement is continually=20
detected...
Anyway quite happy i have gotten round to doing this project im sure it
wil=
l=20
require some tweaking ...which is quite easy to do with Homevision=20

More Soon
Frank
www.armaghelectrical.com.au=20